Thorburn Associates is a professional service firm providing Acoustical Consulting, Technology System Engineering, and Lighting Design for the commercial, corporate, leisure, public, residential, and retail Industries. TA provides integrated collaborative designs for both new construction and renovations.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to work on a wide range of exciting and challenging projects. We seek inspired individuals who continually expand our perspective, technique and enhance our methodology.
We are looking for Acoustical Engineer/Associates. Full-time positions are available in our Morrisville, NC, Orlando, FL, San Francisco and Los Angeles offices. Acoustical Consulting positions involve work on a range of project types requiring expertise in room acoustics, sound isolation, HVAC system noise and vibration control, and environmental noise.
It is simple: You provide the determination, drive, and creative abilities to do great work as part of a team. We provide a dynamic, supportive work environment, incredible opportunities for growth, and competitive salary and benefits. We are committed to providing the best possible climate for development and achievement of personal goals by all employees.
- Engineering/Technical – Responsibilities include working with senior staff to develop acoustical criteria for different facility types as well as recommending appropriate solutions. During the construction phase, Consultants help review submittals. Associates would not function as Project Managers.
- Marketing/Support – Associates would market to their past contacts, follow up on their past projects, and assist in writing proposals.
- BA or BS in architecture, electrical / mechanical engineering or related fields
- Minimum of 1 year consulting experience or course work in school
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel, Photoshop, and presentation techniques
- Experience in project management and acoustic measurements a plus.
- This is an entry level position. The ideal candidate is a new engineering graduate or someone with three to six years of drafting, sales, or design experience. Some knowledge of mechanical noise and vibration control, room acoustics, and sound isolation is helpful.
If you are interested in being considered, please go to our web site and fill out the Employment Pre-Qualification Form: http://ta-inc.com/contact/careers/. Follow this up with a cover letter describing why you would like to be considered. All applications must be made in writing via email and include a cover letter, a copy of your resume and samples, if any, of your work all in PDF electronic format.
Please address your email to Steve Thorburn — TW@ta-inc.com