Thorburn Associates is a professional service firm providing Acoustical Consulting, Technology System Engineering, and Lighting Design for the commercial, corporate, leisure, public, residential, and retail Industries. TA provides integrated collaborative designs for both new construction and renovations.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to work on a wide range of exciting and challenging projects. We seek inspired individuals who continually expand our perspective, technique and enhance our methodology.
We are looking for two Junior A/V Technology Associates. These are full-time positions in our Morrisville, NC and Orlando, FL offices. We are looking for exceptional, inspired individuals to assist senior engineers on a wide range of exciting and challenging projects. You’ll be expected to demonstrate strong business judgment, professional etiquette and organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Technology positions will be involved with sound, audio/visual, date/telecom, control, and lighting systems engineering.
It is simple: You provide the determination, drive, and creative abilities to do great work as part of a team. We provide a dynamic, supportive work environment, incredible opportunities for growth, and competitive salary and benefits. We are committed to providing the best possible climate for development and achievement of personal goals by all employees.
- Assist senior designers with the development of sound, audio/visual, data/telecom, control and lighting systems engineering.
- BS or AS degree in electrical engineering or related fields OR a BFA/MFA in Technical Theatre with a strong academic record.
- This is an entry-level position but co-op/college experience is highly desired.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Revit and Sketchup.
- Experience in project management, EIT/FE, and/or work toward CTS or RCDD a plus.
If you are interested in being considered, please go to our web site and fill out the Employment Pre-Qualification Form: http://ta-inc.com/contact/careers/. Follow this up with a cover letter describing why you would like to be considered. All applications must be made in writing via email and include a cover letter, a copy of your resume and samples, if any, of your work all in PDF electronic format.
Please address your email to Steve Thorburn, TW@TA-Inc.com