Associate – Acoustical Engineer
We are looking for an Acoustical Engineer. This is a full-time position in our Morrisville, NC office. We provide a dynamic, supportive work environment, incredible opportunities for growth, and competitive salary and benefits. We are committed to providing the best possible climate for development and achievement of personal goals by all employees.
Acoustical positions involve consulting on a range of project types requiring expertise in room acoustics, sound isolation, HVAC system noise and vibration control.
The ideal candidate is a new engineering graduate or someone with three to six years of drafting, sales, or design experience. Some knowledge of mechanical noise and vibration control, room acoustics, and sound isolation is helpful.
About Thorburn Associates:
Thorburn Associates is a professional service firm providing acoustical consulting, technology engineering, and lighting design for the commercial, corporate, leisure, public, residential, and retail industries. The company is based in Morrisville, NC with a distributed team working on projects around the world.
- Engineering/Technical – Responsibilities include working with senior staff to develop acoustical criteria for different facility types as well as recommending appropriate solutions. During the construction phase, Consultants help review submittals. Consultants would not function as Project Managers.
- Marketing/Support – Consultants would market to their past contacts, follow up on their past projects, and assist in writing proposals.
- BA or BS in architecture, electrical / mechanical engineering or related fields
- Minimum of 1 year consulting experience or course work in school
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel, PhotoShop, and presentation techniques
- Experience in project management and acoustic measurements a plus.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- SimpleIRA with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Thorburn Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and seek to create an inclusive environment. Our team represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. A diverse workforce is central to our success as the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, fill out an employment application at https://ta-inc.com/join-our-team/.