Associate – AV/Technology
We are looking for a Junior A/V Technology Associate. This is a full-time position in our Morrisville, NC office. We are looking for exceptional, inspired individuals to assist senior engineers on a wide range of exciting and challenging projects. You’ll be expected to demonstrate strong business judgment, professional etiquette and organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Technology positions will be involved with acoustical sound, audio/visual, date/telecom, control, and lighting systems engineering.
About Thorburn Associates:
Thorburn Associates is a professional service firm providing acoustical consulting, technology engineering, and lighting design for the commercial, corporate, leisure, public, residential, and retail industries. The company is based in Morrisville, NC with a distributed team working on projects around the world.
- Assist senior designers with the development of acoustical/sound, audio/visual, data/telecom, control, and lighting systems engineering.
- BS or AS degree in electrical engineering or related fields OR a BFA/MFA in Technical Theatre with a strong academic record.
- This is an entry-level position but co-op/college experience is highly desired.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Revit and Sketchup.
- Experience in project management, EIT/FE, and/or work toward CTS or RCDD a plus.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- SimpleIRA with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Thorburn Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and seek to create an inclusive environment. Our team represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. A diverse workforce is central to our success as the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, fill out an employment application at https://ta-inc.com/join-our-team/.