Senior Associate – AV/Technology
We are looking for a Senior A/V Technology Associate. This is a full-time position in our Morrisville, NC office. Technology positions will be involved with acoustical/sound, audio/visual, date/telecom, control, and lighting systems engineering.
About Thorburn Associates:
Thorburn Associates is a professional service firm providing acoustical consulting, technology engineering, and lighting design for the commercial, corporate, leisure, public, residential, and retail industries. The company is based in Morrisville, NC with a distributed team working on projects around the world.
- Engineering/Technical – Responsibilities include taking the initial program information and developing the design development and working drawings for the project. During the construction phase, Senior Associates review submittals and conduct site visits. They manage larger projects as their skill allows. They help train new consultants.
- Marketing/Support – Senior Associates market to their contacts and follow up on their past projects. They assist in writing proposals to new and past contacts and review proposals to these individuals.
This position requires five to ten years of Audiovisual/IT design or sales experience.
- BA or BS in architecture, electrical / mechanical engineering or related fields
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel, Photoshop, and presentation techniques
- Experience in project management a plus
- CTS-D or RCDD must be obtained within 9 months of joining
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- SimpleIRA with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
Equal Opportunity Statement: Thorburn Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and seek to create an inclusive environment. Our team represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. A diverse workforce is central to our success as the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, fill out an employment application at https://ta-inc.com/join-our-team/.